Everyone likes the look of long beautiful legs. It makes any outfit look better. But there is a way to create the appearance of longer legs. Here are a few tricks that you can use to achieve that leggy look.
* Do not wear any cuffs on pants. If you have shorter legs it will make them appear even shorter. The visual effects are bad because a cuff is horizontal and that removes length from the look of pants creating a shorter look for you.
* Also when thinking about the same pants make sure it is not a baggy cut. The wider leg makes short legs look even shorter. Its best in pants to wear the higher waist look if you have shorter legs. This applies to skirts as well. If a skirt is fuller with a high waist line it will give the illusion of longer legs.
* Wearing ankle straps on any shoe will also give you that horizontal look. It cuts the leg in to and makes for a stubby look. If you must wear a strap get one that slants across the foot. This will move the eyes down to the floor.
* Do not wear square toed shoes. Instead try the new pointed toe shoe which makes your legs appear longer because it extends further out from the foot.
* Wear open toe shoes if possible. It draws the eye from head to toe literally. A small bow or jewel is nice as an accent on shoes and can draw the eyes downward making you seem to have longer legs.
* Wear one color in the same color range for your whole outfit including the shoes and it will make you look taller. This is not difficult to do if you plan ahead.
* If you have thicker ankles than usual try to give them a slimmer appearance by wearing one to one and a half inch heels on your shoes. This elongates legs and will help to make them look slimmer.
* Practice the correct way of walking in heels to give you the confidence to climb stairs in them. Remember, slant your foot on the stair step when going downstairs so that you do not fall. And when going up the stairs walk on the balls of your feet.
* Wearing thicker soles elevates you a few inches and can make all of the difference in the look. Do practice walking in them a lot before you wear them in public.
* Also, try not to have to many straps crisscrossing your foot. A clean open front of your shoes with a slightly raised heel makes a big difference.
Choosing the right shoe to make you appear to have longer legs is worth it. Matching your shoes with the right outfit is learned by trial and error. But with practice you will soon be able to do it. Also, walk with confidence which makes anyone look taller.